The Best Summer of Your Life
For over 25 years, CCUSA has been placing international participants at the finest summer camps in the USA. Known as the “Summer Camp Specialists,” we take great care in placing every participant at the right camp. Summer camp work is demanding, but the rewards are endless. If you are looking for the adventure of a lifetime, consider becoming a CCUSA Camp Counselor participant.
Your Role at Camp
- Whether you choose to be a counselor or support staff, you will be an ambassador for your country.
- Camp staff is role models to campers and peers 24 hours a day.
- Camp days are filled with activity, requiring commitment and lots of positive energy.
- Successful candidates are outgoing and eager to share themselves.
The American Camp
Every camp in America is unique; they vary depending on location, environment, activities, facilities and campers. All the camps CCUSA works with are carefully examined and match our high standards, as well as those of the American Camp Association (ACA).
Why the CCUSA Camp Counselor program?
- We have over 25 years working with the finest camps in the US
- Our commitment to place you at the right camp
- Safe, affordable program to immerse yourself in American culture
- Competitive pocket money, free meals and free accommodation
- Excellent experience for your resume and international friendships to last a lifetime.
Are you Eligible for the Program?
- Enjoy working with and being around children.
- Are outgoing, cheerful, flexible, and reliable.
- Are prepared to work for at least nine weeks from May/June to August.
- Will be at least 18 years old by June 1st.
- To work as a Camp Counselor you DO NOT need to be a student
- To work as Support Staff you MUST currently be a full-time university student or graduating (final year) student
If you meet the above requirements, then find the CCUSA office or partner in your country.
How does the CCUSA Camp Counselor program work?
Applications are accepted at different times of the year, depending upon the university calendar in your country.
- Apply online through CCUSA’s online application center
- If you meet the eligibility requirements, CCUSA’s partner will arrange a face to face interview.
- If accepted, pay the program fees and CCUSA starts looking for the right placement for you
- Apply for your J1 visa through the US embassy or consulate in your area.
- Attend the pre-departure orientation to prepare you for the best summer of your life
What is included?
- Apply online through CCUSA’s online application center.
- Broad network of quality camps
- J1 visa sponsorship directly from CCUSA
- Competitive wages
- Accommodation, Meals and Laundry
- Travel Insurance for the length of the program
- CCUSA Support throughout your program
- Access to CCUSA Footprints Online Personal Support site
- Access to the CCUSA Tax Service for easy tax refund processing. Visit the CCUSA Tax Service website for more info.
- A completion certificate