Do you have an ever-growing desire to do more than just travel? Do you want to see the world and make a difference at the same time? If so, the Volunteer Experience Africa Program is an excellent opportunity to help those who are truly in need. Positions are unpaid in monetary terms, but you will gain valuable skills, great friends from across the world, useful experience for your resume, and the knowledge that you made a lasting global difference. The volunteer programs run between 1 week and 6 months, with the option to extend weekly as well as do two different programs back to back. Room and board is provided while on the program and CCUSA can assist you in finding low cost flight options.
Working in partnership with You2Africa, we have many project options for you to choose from throughout South Africa. The volunteer projects range from assisting communities historically disadvantaged by Apartheid, to working with animals, to others that have an environmental focus. Most projects have weekly, semi-monthly or monthly arrival dates and you must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible for these programs.
Reputation and Safety
CCUSA and You2Africa are here to help you with this truly amazing experience! With over 40 years of experience combined, you can be assured that you will receive only the best level of personal service and support before you leave the US and once you arrive in South Africa.
Why Pay to Volunteer?
- You’ll get more out of your experience than those you’ll help!
- Your project will provide you with unique hands on training, similar to an internship.
- Learn skills you could never learn by staying at home, or traveling without volunteering abroad.
- This experience will stand out far more than others on your resume.
- Cultural immersion is far greater through volunteerism than mere travel to unique destinations.
- Organizations need assistance to keep projects focused and truly help their cause.
- Your cost includes a donation to the project you are a part of.
- Your fee allows us to continue building strong relationships with projects.
- Paying your way allows organizations to sustain themselves.
- There is no way to put a value on getting involved and contributing a part of yourself.