Volunteer in Thailand
Volunteers will have the opportunity to work hands on with elephants at the Elephant Refuge and Education Center, ensuring the elephants maintain a high quality of life while living in their natural environment. For those that love animals, this is truly a once in lifetime experience. Your main duties would include:
- Cleaning elephant enclosures
- Feeding and watering elephants
- Harvesting for the elephants
- Walking elephants into the forest at night and collecting them in the morning
- Bathing the elephants in the lake
- Assisting with maintenance on the refuge
The program is located in Kao Look Chang in the Petchaburi province, close to the beaches of Cha-am and Hua-hin and approximately 160km south of Bangkok. The center tries to provide these animals with enclosures as close to nature as possible or, where possible, reintroduction to the wild.
You can join the program from 2 to 12 weeks initially. After this period you may negotiate with the program director to stay longer.